Hike to the top of Maragang Hill for a stunning view of Kinabalu, explore the highest community nature reserve in Malaysia and support its conservation.
- Highest community nature reserve in Malaysia, with peak at 2232 m.a.s.l.
- Natural heritage preserved by the Dusun community of Kampung Mesilau, Kundasang, for their future generations.
- Important water catchment for the surrounding communities.
- Maragang is the Dusun name of maroon langur, Presbytis rubicunda, a leaf monkey endemic to Borneo.
- Rich and unique flora in a montane forest ecosystem, with many more to be discovered with scientific partnerships.
- With conservation program advised by Sukaibin Sumail, botanist of Sabah Parks, and assisted by ecologist Khoo M.S.
- Hope to be an educational hub for students of science and eco-tourism.
- Hope to be a role model of eco-tourism in Sabah.
We welcome you to join our regular trips to help survey for the landscape and wildlife of Maragang. You will get a good workout while being rewarded with fresh cool air and a stunning view of Kinabalu and Kundasang. Or simply organize your hike anytime ( an overnight stay is highly recommended for star-gazing and sunrise). Your visits will contribute to the conservation effort and livelihood of Mesilau people.
Visit us today and support the highest community nature reserve in Malaysia:
(All text and photos by M.S. Khoo, unless otherwise stated)